Central Illinois Region
Welcome to the Central Illinois Region of the SCCA!
The Central Illinois Region (CIR) of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) is primarily a promoter of Solo 2 autocrossing events. The region has a number of road racers who drive in many different classes of racing cars, from Improved Touring (IT) to Showroom Stock (SS), to sports racers, to open wheel race cars such as Formula V (FV), Formula Continental (FC), and Formula Atlantic (FA). These pages contain schedules and additional information about the Autocrosses (solo racing events) and other activities put on by CIR-SCCA. The club members are a varied group of people, interested in motorsports of all kinds.
[February 7, 2016] Solo II ScheduleSolo II schedule is available. Check our Solo II Events page for details.
[November 28, 2016] Regional Executive Letter to Membership - End of Year SummaryWebmaster Note: A pdf version of the below letter is available: CIR-SCCA RE Letter - 2016 End of Year.pdf
I want to invite YOU to take part in electing your Executive Board members for the 2017 calendar year. Please follow the link below to vote and participate. There are opportunities for ANYONE to participate with "write-ins" being available, so if you want to volunteer, please feel free to fill in your name!
The Elections will be open until Dec 13, 2016.
The 2016 season has been a busy season for the region. Here is a quick run down of some of the regions activities and accomplishments:
- Membership grew by 17%
- Treasury was maintained
- Solo event operations continued to improve with timing and trailer investments
- Four Solo weekends were held between the Peoria and Champaign areas
- A new Solo event site was added with the Pekin Municipal Airport
- The club showcased SCCA benefits at the Wings and Wheels event held at the Pekin Municipal Airport
- A relationship was established with Hoerr Racing Products providing benefits to our members
- Eight members ventured to the 2016 Solo Nationals in Lincoln, NE
- One member made it to the SCCA Run-Offs
Finally, I want to CONGRATULATE and THANK David Nolan for the past two years as the Central Illinois Regions Solo Chair. He has been instrumental in getting the region back-up and operational, bringing some of the deepest event organization experience to the table. He invested many long evenings ensuring things would run smoothly. His shoes will be tough to fill and he will be missed.
Raymond A Wise
Central Illinois Region SCCA
[November 2, 2016] Looking for a few good peopleHave you thought about taking a more active roll in Central Illinois Region SCCA? Maybe you thought about becoming a board member. CIR SCCA is starting to plan the 2017 season and We Need HELP!!! Remember it takes everyone working together to keep racing alive in the Central Illinois. If you would like to take a more active roll please contact Raymond Wise at email@example.com or Joseph Fister at firstname.lastname@example.org.
[June 25, 2016] Off to the Races II Raffle
The SCCA Foundation, the charitable arm of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA), is holding a raffle to generate funds to support hands-on education and safety programs, recognize excellence in automotive engineering education and promote the SCCA's heritage and club history. The goal of the SCCA Foundation, founded in 1986, is to give back to our communities. Drawing of the "Grand Prize Winner" will be held on June 27, 2016 at 12:00PM Mountain Time, at a special meeting of the Sports Car Club of America Foundation Board of Directors, 3615 Opal CT, Colorado Springs CO 80918. The winner does not need to be present to win. All proceeds go to support the SCCA Foundation's programs: Tire Rack Street Survival®, Formula SAE®, and Historical Preservation.
- Programs & Awards
- The Tire Rack Street Survival® Program is a full day defensive driving class targeted for teen and young adults from 16 to 21 years of age. The program consists of classroom and driving exercises. One of the biggest keys to the program is the students drive their own cars allowing them to get "hands-hon" experience in the cars they will be driving everyday. For more information, click here.
- The Carroll Smith Mentor's Cup presented by the Sports Car Club of America. This award recognizes the important role played by each faculty adviser in support of their team of dedicated students and competitors. Learn more about this award, click here.
- The Dr. Bob Woods Cup is presented by the Sports Car Club of America. Named in honor of Dr. Bob Woods, of the University of Texas, Arlington, this award recognizes the top finishing student driver in the Formula SAE® competition at the The Tire Rack® SCCA Solo National Championships each year. Learn more about this award, click here.
[May 2, 2016] Hoerr Racing Creates CIR Member Discount ProgramCIR SCCA is proud to announce that we have partnered up with Hoerr Racing Products (HRP). What this means for members is that we can access their website, call in or visit their business to receive a discount for our racing needs.
Since 1960, R/A Hoerr, Inc. has been an active participant in the auto racing industry. The name Hoerr has been heard in many facets of racing since the early years of auto racing, when Annie and Rudy Hoerr became car owners in the USAC Stock Car Series. Their list of drivers includes legendary racers such as Al Unser Sr, Bobby Unser, Bobby Allison, Bill Cheeseburg and Bob Christy.
The family business began a new division, Hoerr Racing, in 1975, when sons Irv and Scott began their driving careers in the IMSA Radial Sedan Series. After nearly a decade of successes, Hoerr Racing began an 11 year Relationship with General Motors, beginning in the IMSA American Challenge Series. In 1986, Oldsmobile contracted Hoerr Racing to design, develop, and campaign an Olds Toronado, with Irv at the controls. This relationship contributed to countless successes over the next several years, including 6 National Championships and over 60 wins in IMSA, the SCCA Trans Am Series, Professional Sports Car and Grand-Am.
If you wish to take advantage of this discount program, please contact Joe Fister, Membership Chair at email@example.com
[Mar 16, 2016] 2016 Solo II SponsorWe would like to welcome Hoerr Racing Products, back again in 2016 as a Solo II sponsor. Their support is greatly appreciated.
[Mar 14, 2016] 2016 Solo II ScheduleAdditional Solo II dates and registration links posted on the Solo II Events page.
[Feb 4, 2016] 2016 Solo II ScheduleThe Solo II schedule has been posted on the Solo II Events page.
[Dec 14, 2015] Happy HolidaysCentral Illinois Members,
I hope you are having a good Holiday season with your family and loved ones and that the warmer December weather has allowed you to continue your outdoor hobbies!
I wanted to email everyone and thank those who participated and/or helped in our Solo events this summer, THANK YOU!
I was very fortunate to have a small, but dedicated group of board members who helped breath a new life into Central Illinois Region. In September and October we had emailed everyone in regard to elections, looking for volunteers and ballots. I am very happy to say that most of our board will continue to build and grow Central Illinois Region, with some additions as well. Please find below the names and positions for our 2016 Board Members:
- Raymond Wise, Regional Executive, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jason Daily, Assistant Regional Executive, email@example.com
- Chris Frederick, Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marty Urbanc, Secretary, email@example.com
- Joe Fister, Membership Chair (NEW), firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Nolan, Solo Chair, email@example.com
- Greg Case, Social Chair (NEW), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Wagner, Webmaster, email@example.com
I want to thank Austin Grant as our outgoing Membership Chair. Austin was a new SCCA Member this year and came in and helped our board with a lot of drive and energy. He was of particular help in his role as a Safety Steward, taking this responsibility to heart and ensuring our events were setup and run with every competitors safety coming first.
Again, we had great turn-out for the 2015 Solo Season. We are hoping to build upon this for the 2016 season. But, to do so, we are seeking further volunteers. If you are interested in providing support for our Solo efforts, please contact David Nolan (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Myself (email@example.com). We hope to announce our 2016 schedule in the first quarter of 2016.
Also, if you have a burning desire for Central Illinois Region to provide something that we aren't, please let us know!
Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy your Holiday season!
Central Illinois Region SCCA
Solo II at Pekin
Solo II at Mossville
Solo II at Pekin